There's Good Reason for Engineers to Stick to ENGINEERING Math!!!

Reference my previous post if you need to.  As of right now, I'm two days short of a week past what ultimately ended up being "go" day, the day the docs decided to see if breathing and riding a bike were anything similar.  And I'm still kinda stuck in this strange coexistenceterrestrial and etherealasking myself a lot of "if", "but", and "however" questions.

Then, I do something that they actually warn us in the highest levels of engineering preparatory training to avoid with intent lest the sun fall in upon itself and the mountains crumble into the oceans and the Grammy Awards Show broadcast be extended to a full 24 hours.  I, an engineer, attempt to apply engineering first principles to social numbers.


Wanna guess how many folks claim Christianity as their religion of faith worldwide currently?  Well, quite honestly, I don't happen to know.  I do know that in 2015, 2.4 billion people claimed such.  So I'm gonna sweeten that pot by 100 million or so and say a round number for the first quarter of 2021 is an even 2.5 billion humans declare themselves Christian, followers of Christ, Jesus Freaks...you get the idea.

Just to save any future embarrassment for anyone a little slow on the pickuppointless actually considering I have already violated such basic tenet and just received an email that next year's Grammy Awards would be simulcast for 28 hours straight with the initiating broadcast straight from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and Mount Everest has been renamed Everest Knollthis would mean that a 0.1% activity factor (any activity involving 0.1% of the full  Body of Christ) would equate to 2.5 million Christians; a 1% activity factor would equate to 25 million Christians; 10% activity factor, 250 million Christians.

Rewind back to Tuesday, March 9, as I lay hooked up to a ventilator in the ICU with a wing and a prayer situation unfolding, emphasis being on the prayer part.  Coinage of the phrase "go big or go home" actually originated in families like mine:  large Greek and other hairy Mediterranean ilks who just don't know how to do anything less than at full throttle.  I dunno how they managed to, but between my olive-skinned aunts, the Cajun networks of Louisiana, and just the crazy connected world that has grown so small so quickly, I consider it easily feasible that 0.1% of Christians worldwide were praying for me and my family by name at "go" time.  Further, I believe 1% is conceivable.  And, at risk of flattening the Rocky Mountains, I think even 5% is possible.

Brake lights.  5%.  125 million people.  125 MILLION people simultaneously praying for me and my family by name as the docs pulled me off the vent.  Wow.

Nah...I gotta stop here.  I'm now taking chances with the Swiss Alps.  Why in the world would any [single] one be willing to do that on the part of someone else, much less 125 million someones?

Actually, and somewhat surprisingly, Christian faith is every bit the engineer's dream...or it was once.

It.  Is.  Logical.

It cracks me up with regularity that there are so many "founded and grounded" individuals who wish to split hairs about the efficacy and believability of the Church of Pentecost; look, let's use the best social norm available:  suffice it to say that any movement in which individuals are willing to die in defense of or in refusal of condemnation of probably carries some merit.  And said merit would never follow a lack of logic.

Regardless, though there was a lot of evidence to support said 125 million someones, my humility (not my strong suit) just won't allow me to believe that.  Of course, I dunno why 25 million is believable and 125 million isn't.  So, since I've gone and flubbed everything up anyway, I'm just going to really do the unthinkable and give a range.  I reckon somewhere between 25 million and 125 million Christians around the world were paused and in whatever their context of prayer might've been, they were sweating, crying, appealing, kneeling on our behalf BY NAME.

That's humbling, alright.  In particular because I believe I know what each was praying for.  And, I reckon that result was recognized.  But then I end up right back there in that horrible coexistence.

How in the world do I reconcile other similar stories?  Ones maybe that didn't end up with the happy ending?

And what does it mean for me?  Is there something actually important enough about me (or maybe not at all important enough about me) that I wasn't called home?

It really has me kinked up.

God bless you all!  I'd love to hear comments from you!!!

Please like, recommend, and share below!

Comments

Popular Posts